Protecting the privacy of members is very important. Policies and procedures are designed to ensure details about members are kept confidential, and only disclosed with the member’s permission for the purposes of ensuring that the client is receiving the services they need.
Podiatry WA is committed to observing the provisions of the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988):
• All personal information provided to Podiatry WA by you will be treated as confidential.
• Podiatry WA assures all members that information collected is only used for relevant legal purposes related to each individual’s registration, professional status or other information.
• Podiatry WA will ensure that information provided by members will not be disclosed to any third party unnecessarily.
• Podiatry WA will ensure that all personal information retained is accurate.
• Podiatry WA will secure each member’s personal information against unauthorised access, loss or modification.
• Podiatry WA members may access their personal information held by Podiatry WA by written request.